Alright…I’ve finally convinced myself I’m a lazy-ass who eats too much cheese and chocolate and drinks too much wine and mimosas.
I just went on a 15-20 minute walk and mixed in a 2-minute jog and I about died. Not only was I basically limping back home, I was dying to catch my breath. This is not okay!!! I am 23 years old, not 70!! My body should not be in this much agony!
And so I am officially done being a carb-inhaling couch potato. It is time to seriously rethink my life choices.
Now, I’m not talking weight watchers or all-veggie diet or working out 7 days a week…let’s be realistic here. I still want to enjoy life…and my glass of wine every other day (ok, every day). But I am going to be more active. Here are my goals:
1. One yoga class a week, with 2 small yoga sessions at home (will up this to two classes a week and 3-4 yoga sessions at home once school is out and I’m back from Europe)
2. Walk/jog 3 times a week (eventually this will hopefully turn into a jog/run/brief walk 3 times a week)
3. Eat at least 2 home-cooked meals a week (that must include the major food groups)
4. DRINK MORE WATER
5. WILL EVEN ATTEMPT SMALL YOGA SESSIONS & WALKS/JOGS IN EUROPE EVEN IF IT MEANS WAKING UP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN (plus, who wouldn’t want to take a little jog along the Thames and the beaches of Normandy, right?) (Remember to pack work-out clothes for trip)
6. Eat breakfast every morning, even if it means a smoothie to go. MUST EAT BREAKFAST.
I know this is a total drama-queen-early-20s-omg-I’m-getting-older moment, but seriously. Dying here. Dying.
New motto: GET. IN. SHAPE.